Racetorations Composite Cylinder Head Gasket – TR2-4A & Morgan +4
- Suitable for TR2-4A & Morgan +4 engines when fitted with 86-89mm dia. pistons
- Modern composite gasket featuring a ‘SAC’ track around the external and internal edges to provide extra sealing
- Bores of the gasket are shaped to mimic the usual head modifications to increase gas flow between the inlet valve and head wall
- Beware of cheaper, poorer quality alternatives that look similar to our developed and proven product
- As fitted to all our standard & fast road engines
- 0.040″ (1mm) when compressed.
This new solid composite TR2-4A (86-89mm dia.) cylinder head gasket has been designed to address some of the unique problems often experienced with aftermarket and original head gaskets. Accommodating the height protrusion of all four liners (0.003" - 0.005" +) is more than can be expected from a solid but flat/smooth gasket, usually made of copper. To overcome the technical problem this gasket has a 'SAC track' inlay on both sides protecting water and oil holes and assisting in reduction of head stud water seepage.
Additionally the gasket comes fully lacquered, not only to prevent permeation of oil, water or anti-freeze into the core material but also to act as a releasing agent for cylinder heads after prolonged use. Furthermore, the bores are not round but shaped to mimic the usual head modifications to increase gas flow between the inlet valve and head wall. Throughout this highly compressed area the sealing is maintained by a reinforced folded stainless steel edging. This gasket must not protrude into the flame front. Normal fitting precautions apply. Beware of cheaper, poorer quality alternatives that look similar to our developed and proven product. As fitted to all our standard & fast road engines. 0.040" (1mm) when compressed.